I have been professionally developing software, and leading
teams, to provide IT solutions for over twenty years. I have
worked in various industries from telecommunications to home
entertainment, and for such prestigious customers as Mars,
Sony and Racal. I have extensive experience of going through
the full development cycle to create optimal software solutions.
I initially spent ten years developing embedded software in
data communications, set-top boxes, card-payments terminals and
vending machines. The last ten years I have broadened this to
include Windows applications, databases and websites.
The embedded solutions were developed in a combination of
ASM, C and C++ from 1992 until 2002. Since then, amongst
other minor projects, I've created:
- a Windows based Card Payments Test Program in Visual C++/MFC;
- an animal sanctuary management system using an Access database/Visual Basic;
- a loyalty card system using an Access database/Visual Basic;
- an Access database backend for a talent management website;
- a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) using Google Scripts.
I've also done minor scripting and web development to setup
various Content Management Systems (CMS) and Content Management
Frameworks (CMF): Typo3, CMSMS, Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal.
You can download a copy of my CV for further information.